Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) are FCC programs that help make communications services more affordable for low-income consumers. These programs help families and individuals stay connected so they can access healthcare, find jobs, attend classes, stay in touch with family, and call for help in an emergency.
Anyone who qualifies for Lifeline, also qualifies for the ACP.
- Residential and wireless phone service
- Broadband internet
- Lifeline provides up to $9.25 discount per month.
- Subscribers living on tribal lands qualify for additional discounts.
Affordable Connectivity Program:
- Broadband internet
- Monthly broadband discount of $30 per month. Up to $75 per month for households on qualifying tribal lands.
- A one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if the subscriber contributes more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price.
You may be eligible for both Lifeline and the ACP if you receive any of the following benefits or your income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for Lifeline or at or below 200% for ACP. (See the income eligibility guides for both programs by the links below)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FHPA)
- Veterans Pension & Survivors Pension Benefit
Regardless of Lifeline eligibility, you may still qualify for ACP if you meet any of the following criteria:
- Are approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including the USDA Community Eligibility Provision.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020.
- Meet the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income program.
For additional information or to apply online at lifelinesupport.org or print an application to apply by mail.
Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP):
Contact your preferred participating broadband provider (1) to select a plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
Go to www.affordableconnectivity.gov for more information, to apply online or print an application to mail.
If applying by mail, return the printed application, along with proof of eligibility to:
ACP Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
View a pdf version of the Affordable Connectivity Program information here.